Friday, November 11, 2011

Tampines Mountain Bike Park may not be long!!!

Tampines mountain bike park is a very popular park for lot of mountain bike riders particularly those staying in the east of Singapore.  Every weekend, there are easily 50 riders in the park riding.  It has a BMX racing track that meet the world standard.  This park was proffessionally renovated in 2010 for the 1st Youth Olympic that took place in Singapore.

Today, I received a map of the Pasir Ris - Punggol GRC and while looking through the map, I noticed something that was a little shocking to me. 

In the map, there is Tampines Ave 11 and Tampine Street 52 planned in the mountain bike park.  This really caught me by surprise.  Is government planning to get rid of this park?  I understand that land in Tampines has good value particularly those near MRT.  This mountain bike park is about 15mins walking distance to the Tampines MRT on the east-west line.  It will be about 10mins or lesser to the future Tampines central station on the Down Town Line 3 (DTL3) but to demolish a world standard mountain bike is really a waste.

If this park is gone, where else can the eastern mountain bike riders go to?  I rode a few times before the renovation and after the renovation.  I would really miss it if this is gone. 

I really hope this is not a case but a printing error of the map.

Do give your comments.  Thanks.

No comments:

Post a Comment